Slået op d. 13.11.2023
Head of Department, Aid & Relief (Air)
Is it in your DNA to always provide that little extra and do you want to become part of a global group that has shown good success on the international stage in transport and logistics solutions? Then this may be the right job for you! We are looking for a dedicated Head of Department for our Aid & Relief group (Air) in Billund. We are a specialized team, consisting of 15+ professionals, providing logistic solutions to international aid agencies.
At Scan Global Logistics, every person is an opportunity to unlock potential. We are a full-service global logistics provider present on all continents.
By bringing a human approach to everyone, everywhere, we make the world a little less complicated. At the core of our DNA is a ‘can-do-attitude’ and the willingness to always walk the extra mile to find the right logistic solution whether by road, rail, ocean or air transport. Our culture is based on four basic virtues: Respect, Entrepreneurship, Integrity and Fun.
What can you expect?
The right person can expect an interesting and developing position in a fast-paced international environment with good working conditions.
You will report to our Global Head of Aid & Relief (Air), and primarily work from our office in Billund.
The team you will be joining is well-functioning and cooperation and professional sparring is a priority for everyone. The overall job purpose is to support and participate in the continued development of the Aid & Relief (Air) product. To make an effort in understanding our customers' needs and provide them with the best solution possible. Manages and runs a highly efficient team in a positive working environment.
- Planning, organizing, executing and controlling activities within the division.
- Ensuring operations are performed consistently with customer requirements and takes corrective actions in case of deviations from requirements.
- Sets, communicates and follows KPI’s to ensure constant improvement of Operations.
- Participating in QBR/KPI meetings with customers.
- Handling inquiries, being part of tender processes and supporting the sales team in general.
- Carrying out management tasks in relation to own team, including department meetings, formal and informal employee talks with focus on the further development of the team both individuals and as a whole.
- Working to ensure that SGL DNA is a natural part of the team's mindset.
What do we expect?
As this is an excellent opportunity to join a major player in the logistics industry, we expect that you can identify yourself with our key DNA-words and values and work according to these. You must understand the importance of complying with our company mentality, procedures, rules and regulations and you can fulfil the below mentioned requirements:
- Have a minimum of 5 years air freight forwarding experience.
- Preferable strong product and market knowledge within the Aid & Relief product.
- A strong ownership of own area anchored in a problem-solving mindset and can-do attitude.
- Strong business acumen, commercial and customer centric mindset.
- High level of self-drive and continuously raising the ambition for own team and throughout the organization.
- Strong flair for ensuring operational excellence for all quality targets to be met.
- Team player with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders across a matrix organization at all levels.
- High ethical standards and strong virtue mindset anchored in SGL core virtues.
- Proven track record in people management with excellent people skills.
- Strong communication skills in writing and speaking both Danish and English
What do we offer?
We offer an interesting position in a highly skilled and professional team. We have good working spirit and positive mentality. At Scan Global Logistics we work to promote a culture where Respect, Entrepreneurship, Integrity and Fun are the DNA-defining core values of our company. We work according to these values, and they are all parts of our professional life. The whole company breathes out this mentality and it shines through in the way we communicate with both customers and colleagues.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident in applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding this position, please contact Ole Lyngshede Lund, Global Head of Aid & Relief (Air), phone +45 2488 2541 or visit www.scangl.com.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible. We will review applications continuously and we will conclude our search when the right candidate has been found.